Saturday, May 01, 2010

To My Dearest Friend


To My Dearest Friend,

I was the happiest when we were together
What I felt back then I can't seem to get back
It's not the same anymore, things are different now
Sometimes I see a stranger when I look into your eyes

Still I long for those endless summer nights with you
Watching the sunset and making love all night
Winter's come and brought the cold and the rain
We said goodbye again and I'm left with emptiness

For the longest time I thought that forever we would be
But now I finally have clarity
It took a long time but now I can finally see
That we're not meant to be

I was foolish to hold on to a love that did not exist
Only in my dreams you felt so real
A lone figure in my imagination of a promise of everlasting love
Still my heart keeps trying to hold on

To stop loving you is the hardest thing I've ever had to do
Let go, just let go is what I pray
I guess I'm down to one last cry
So that the next time I see you I don't have to pretend that I'm fine

Tomorrow is a new day
A new beginning
Goodbye my lover my dear friend
You will be in my heart until the end.

Love Always xxoo



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home